• Spread hummus or mashed beans on a roti, chapatti or pita. Place small pieces of cooked vegetables such as onions, peppers and carrots on top of this and roll it up.
• Warm up homemade soup or canned soup. Add vegetables to the soup such as onions, carrots and celery. You can even add frozen vegetables such as peas and corn. I use frozen vegetables often as they are extremely healthy as they are frozen at their peak. Place in a thermos with crackers on the side.
• Gather colorful peppers, baby carrots, or any other vegetables of your choice and place in a plastic bag. Put ranch dressing in a small container for a dipping sauce.
• In a container, combine strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, mango, or any other fruits you love to make a delicious fruit salad.
• Spread cream cheese on a bagel and add thinly sliced cucumbers. This is one of my favs!!
•This one of Dr. S’s absolute favourites. Place washed spinach in a container along with chopped up strawberries, cheese such as cheddar or jalepeno jack, craisins or dried cherries, nuts such as walnuts or pecans (provided you have no nut allergies)to make a healthy spinach salad. Place your favourite dressing (1 tbsp max) on the bottom of the container. When ready to eat, stir in the dressing and you have a delicious and healthy lunch!!
Dr. S loves to buy fresh rotisserie chickens or fresh or frozen turkey breasts to use healthy meat in sandwiches!! She makes 2 or more sandwiches at a time to have lunch for two days!!
• Pack sliced turkey, chicken or lean beef, with cheese and whole-wheat crackers in a container for miniature sandwiches.
• Spread cream cheese in a whole wheat tortilla and add sliced chicken, salsa and lettuce and roll it up.
• Place two slices of whole wheat bread (or 100 calorie buns) and spread a small amount of dijon mustard or mayonnaise on them. Then add turkey, chicken or lean beef. Add cheese, pickles, green olives, tomatoes and any other sandwich toppings of your choice. Slice in half , add some strawberries on the side and you have an amazing and healthy lunch!